Monday 1 February 2016

FO: Pair one! Rose City Scraps

Pair one is finished! Hurrah! At about 9pm on the 31st January I finished the second sock of my first pair for 2016. So I actually managed my first pair in less than a month. and that included finishing a pair of socks before starting these too. Woohoo!



They are the Rose City Rollers pattern, knit on my tiny 2.5mm circular needles, which I LOVE. And of course, knit out of sock yarn scraps.



I did make a couple of modifications to them. Firstly, I did an extra 8 rows to the heel flap for the medium size. So I had 20 slip stitches instead of 16. I then gave them the Anatomical toes, by Persnickety Knitter.

I'm not happy with my SSK stitches on one side of my decreases. They don't look as neat. In  fact, looking at the photo above, I can tell which side is a SSK and which is K2tog. So I'll be spending the evening reading a few blogs and articles on SSK alternatives!

I've printed the pattern and selected the yarn for pair number two. Wish me luck! :D

If you'd like to look these socks up on Ravelry, then have a look here

No comments:

Post a Comment